Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Guilt

I can vouch that this is the most irritating emotion in the world - The feeling of GUILT.
It happens to me so often that after doing something, which i believe is right, this emotion pops up out of nowhere . A recent example is - My sister was about to visit my place at 6'o clock, and i was about to leave office at 5:45 PM, when suddenly my manager came to my seat and in his usual tone said "Mansi lets discuss about the XYZ issue". Now, what could i do..my sister was waiting outside my house and she did not even have the keys to open the main door...
Unlike a politically correct answer, i replied to my manager that "My sister is waiting for me, i cannot meet right now".
Well, he understood and left...but with his leaving came a stupid feeling of guilt in me.
I should have said that in a polite manner, i should have asked my sister to wait a bit longer, i should have this and i should have that. Thousands of sentences were comming to my mind, all wrapped in the feeling of guilt!
Logically thinking, what i said was right , but i could have handled the situation in a better manner.
Well, this may sound like a trivial example, but then a question arrises - Is being logically correct right or being politically correct right?
The advantage with the later is that in this option, we remain blessed as GUILT remains out of the scene...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

, sometimes we all have to make r own choices, not necessarily pleasant for everyone. stop feeling guilty, its part of life

mansi said...

Truely said..we cannot please everyone all the time..thanks for the comment
:)

megha said...

aage se meri wajeh se guilt mat feel karna aur pakkau blog likh k dusron ka sir mat khaana

Brat Heart said...

striking the right balance is the key...had we been the scriptors of our destiny, bliss it would have been...the wrold is hell bent to make you kneel and tries to crush u under its deadly feet...would you allow it?